Monday, September 6, 2010

Over 50 Basketball In Bay Area



September 7

Digression:
For further reading I recommend the journal to listen to the song "Letter" Pent team monster. This is a song dedicated to our pilots in September 1939.


And now the log:

Squadron "Vulture"
This day was devoted to rest and repair of increasingly consuming the equipment. Exhausted soldiers, away from the front, slowly came to the self.
Command squadron tried at all costs to get in touch with his staff Bomb Brigade. Case complement of equipment was greater. Unfortunately, to no avail.


Squadron "Hawk" XV Squadron
Elks have done so on this day samolotozadań ten (six and four 16th Squadron 17th Squadron), dropping about 8.8 tons of bombs and destroying two enemy aircraft (the He 111 and Bf 110) with the loss of their five bombers. Here also
hardware state was every moment becoming more pathetic. Staff did everything he could, but the repair was missing almost everything. In addition, not reached by that time the whole transportation pie. However
job done battle continues. The objectives were to be German troops in the region (Rozan-Ostrołęka).
Here, let me quote a relationship with combat actions.
Worth reading!

reports noted. Szymanski:
"Rozan, burned the walls themselves. Red Bor is on fire. German columns of Prussia broke under Ciechanow and crashing into Narew. Szymanowski can not assail. I did not shoot, and he is afraid like hell. I dropped a bomb on the highway. I came next. A good pilot is a good 95% of the bombing. What to do with this?
Dukszto returns from Poppy. Yours, flying in the key. Henschel passed us, we neglect it, he's happy, we do. Dukszto peaks, we followed him. We are flying over the burning koszącym Red Bor until Ostrow. Suddenly, the pilot is calling me and it shows. Chassis nawaliło and crawling. Two of them are returning to Rozan, I prefer to go home. Lands, for 30 min. Bernas lands. Dukszto wounding, landed without landing gear at Zambrow.
way back flying time Cpt. Dukszto and Lieutenant. Bernas He saw a lonely 111th crews cleared Elk fired German machine, which began to burn, and probably soon after fell to the ground. Unfortunately, a Elk suffered from the accident and the land forcibly.

reports noted. Bernas:
"Immediately after the start we are struck by the great amount of smoke, which reaches a height of several hundred meters.'s burning everything. Germans mark their progress clearly, not even leaving a few standing in the middle of nowhere chałupom. On our route, at Ostrow, a bright flame burning plants saturating sleepers. In Ostrow not find the enemy. Change the order, and we fly along the road at Rozan. Tanks located in ¬ We just west of the Rose - are preparing to cross.
bridge over the river is not blown, but the tanks had not yet passed. I make a round and send down a pair of bombs. Today, you need to choose targets, because the tanks were taught to go after the 3-4 experience in large increments. Quite successfully bombed the road, and forest edge, where they met a bunch more. The rest I threw bombs at the edge of the village, where he prepared for the crossing. It did the same Zygmunt. The captain led in the right order. Below us glides five enemy machines. We probably did not notice.
we acquire up to 3300 m. Before us is ¬ a rail, do not know whose, and so the guns. There might even 1200 m. The machine is still growing. This is definitely a German, no doubt. From his rifle to shoot short bursts. Beside me, the master does the same. Finally, after long bursts Wala lobes. Germany is doing a twist and pull outputs straight at us. I shoot all the time. Germany gives two or three series. His machine starts to smoke from the engine and the right lobe. Wali the head with a twist in the murky and slip it passes, smoking more and more clearly. The captain nods Dukszto wings. Collection. Dive sharply and attentively to poke around.
we do not see anything. I do not know what's going on, but continue to dive in pairs, flying as najciaśniej. Cross the road Ostrow - Rozan course 180 degrees. We are flying at an altitude of about 30 m. I do not recall the bombs thrown by the master. Conducted by doing a left turn. Ostrow orbits from the east and fly now Zambrów, gathering height. Zygmunt not - he was not even at the shooting. But what we were there we go, would it be wrong Dukszto? I go out several times on the forehead and show that will lead. The captain nods. Suddenly, with its left engine fall off the mask, folded piece, the machine goes into a sharp pike. Above ground is derived and sits across the furrows of freshly plowed earth. Cloud of dust covers everything.
When the dust cleared, I see the machine without the chassis, on the belly in the soft earth. I'm doing the low round of the crew gramoli up - two, three, four. Praise be to God, are we all. A little to the right is Pólko, where you can sit down. I show them to Cuba, but he does not want to sit down. I have a plan - might happen, I'll take the whole crew and some junk. Why, it is a site which is an hour can be captured by the enemy. Search for the next pasture - Cuba shakes his head. I know what he wants to say 'soft'. Sam can feel it. We are just over the castaways. I can see how the captain waving my hand towards the house. Another round, sorry to leave his colleagues on shaky ground, but you have to fly away.
go out to 500 meters above the railway track I get a very strong fire km of the land - of course, ours. I'm shaking with rage. With difficulty, after a long circulating find the airport, well-camouflaged. We land. I report the accident to skipper Cwynar and defines a place as 4-5 km south of Zambrów. The captain decides to send four PWS after the crew and material. I was relieved a bit that they do not leave them without help. "


most tragic relationship at the end, see Buttermilk:
" After take-off and picking up the key on the old village flew township, gaining height in a westerly direction. Radzymin flew - and Wolomin I noticed there Dornier aircraft type expedition - bombers and fighters over them like 'Messerschmitt', all twins. When I noticed this expedition consisting of about 20 aircraft, pilot and pointed it to not be spostrzeżonym by them, I got to turn 180 degrees and go down.
All this turned out to be unnecessary, since the back caught up with us 12 Messerschmitt pursuit. I suppose that our gunners did not notice the planes because it was still at home and really looked at the ground instead of air and watch the report noticed airplanes with npla. When this nurkowaliśmy from an altitude of 2000 m to 1500 m, I suddenly heard machine gun shots. I look up and see the entire 6 Messerschmitt and paying 7-th, and of the entire network of trails incendiary. Strikers also our shoot well for them. I have to so many, I can not work with your machine gun, so being shot down due to a predominance of German, fastened to a parachute in case, this is the last defense, but rather a rag of hope. Wait to see what happens. I give the sign of the pilot wirażu right to at least partially escape fire from the back of the machine npla (as it turned out there were 12, as stated in 1941 a squadron of Torun, in front of which it has).
After giving the pilot character, that I did not respond (he was wounded in the leg - a story of Corporal, who was with him in the hospital). The machine flies straight, the plane is shot down 3 of my key that burning fall to the ground (story of my remote control). Suddenly I saw the brazen guy who attacked me on the forehead. When I noticed the front of the plane npla, more or less at a distance of 600-700 m, immediately opened fire on him. During the shooting was seized my strange desire to sadism and downing it, because I was sure of our defeat in this battle. When shooting drew attention to three holes in the plexiglass, which literally obramowały my head - all this happens in seconds. Suddenly I see the smoke from the right wing of the German machine (here the joy gushes), ammunition in the lander me over, I want to change the loader loaded at which point I no longer smoke, but the effect of the real shooting. Missile relevant lit gasoline, and this led to an explosion of tanks and tear to the right lobe of German machinery. The machine is breaking down in flames to the ground. Pops loader, with joy I look at my watch, it is 16.05 hours (shooting down a German).
When looking at the clock and change loader hear an explosion in his machine with simultaneous heat in the neck. I look back, I saw nothing, only a mass of flames, which I immediately closed my eyes. My machine is burning, flames licking the face, hands and a leather jacket that I'm wearing (this spared me from burning up). Nothing now remains, as soon as you jump out of the machine, trying to make a break for the death of looking into his eyes. In memory (You can not open your eyes) I tear off the seal, wyduszam Plexiglas, which does not want to move away from the machine because of the rush of air and suction. Murder more and more, a little bit left, but when his hands slowed, Plexiglas back to shut up. This attempt repeated 2-3 times, and seeing that it does not give advice strangle him, and his head getting warmer, cuddled up to a Plexiglas head and pushed his hands out of the machine, going out to the outside. Here, I felt fresh air immediately, stripping hat from his head and was the first moment - grabbing a parachute. Memory is not lost for a moment. I'm flying right slant head down and look for German planes - I do not see them, but I see in the distance two parachutes. Now pull the handle - the parachute opens. [... ] Landed 300 meters from my machines, which lay, burning. The audience she reached me and starts the translation - I do not have legitimacy because it was forbidden to fly with ID. The audience, armed with rods began to scream that I am a spy. - In the air, flying metal from a German and a torn flap of my machine. The audience found a tin with a swastika, so I'm sure disguised spy. I explain to you what I - St. Anthony, Mother of God received in Warsaw, I mentioned to you by telephone, referred to as a notebook, your photograph, as it was on the back of your letter of Tarnów, December 1936, did not help anything - even identifying the German, who also jumped out and grabbed a fleeing the audience, firing at them. Maybe I'd be dead, and remained there with their peasants, were it not that nadjechało passenger car with 41 ESK. and they rescued me. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment